Thursday, May 17, 2012

Kids are in Kerala! Tuna Salad offers summer help

Diya and Rayan left by the 13th of May and Emirates carried the angels to God's own country for them to open a new chapter of their lifes and they are blissfully unaware of it all. Both of us were very emotional and managed not to bring down the tears.
Kungfu and I got back..slept and headed to work in the morning. Everything seems same, until I reached the Gallery folder in my phone by around afternoon to see their pictures clicked at the airport. I miss Diya & Rayan.

Oh yes, I have Abhilash and Lakshmi visiting Dubai by this weekend, looking forward to meet and spend some time with them. Abhi mentioned he looks forward to some Arabic food, so I discussed with Kungfu about how we plan the only Saturday evening we will have with them :)

Felt like something told me from within, I must make salads our staple in everyday cooking, it makes all the more sense during summers and I couldn't resist but start with my favourite Tuna Salad. Here is what I put together for this simple, yet delicious Tuna Salad:

1 can of Salad Tuna
3 cups of chopped Lettuce
2 cups of chopped Spring Onion/ Scallion
4 table spoon of sliced Kalamata Olive
3 table spoons each of Bell pepper’s green and yellow
2 table spoons of chopped Shallots
2 table spoons of freshly chopped Dill leafs
2 table spoons of freshly chopped Mint leafs
1 table spoon Lemon Mayonnaise
1 chopped Green Chilly
4 drops of Tabasco sauce
2 drops of Soy sauce

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. You will have enough space to fold the ingredients well in a bigger bowl. Refrigerate for 10 mins and serve chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment